Welcome Wednesdays: Meet Dianni Freeman
Aug. 12, 2009
The Oregon State volleyball program, under the leadership of fifth-year head coach Taras Liskevych, welcomes six freshmen to the 2009 squad. Dianni Freeman, a 5-4 defensive specialist from Tigard, Ore., was the fifth to sit down to answer questions in a six-part series “Welcome Wednesdays,” where a new member will be featured on www.osubeavers.com. Freeman comes from an athletic and Beaver Believer family with her father Shawn Freeman playing basketball for Oregon State in 1987-88 and with numerous family members that have attended or are attending Oregon State currently.
What do you look forward to the most this upcoming season?
What are your personal goals for the season?
I would like to be the quickest, best defensive player in the Pac-10 one day. So I definitely have a lot to work to do this season. My main goal as a defensive player, is to NEVER, let the ball hit the floor!
Did you grow up going to Oregon State volleyball camps?
Why Oregon State?
What will you miss most about high school?
10 Fun Facts about Dianni Freeman
· My favorite song is You Found Me by The Fray.
· Over the summer, I worked at Forever 21, went to Hawai’i on vacation, went to Younglife camp and worked out.
· My favorite Oregon State athlete is my dad. I have always been proud that he played basketball at Oregon State. He inspired me to want to pursue my dreams and follow in his footsteps as a college athlete.
· One thing most people don’t know about me is I love nature and the wilderness. I also love foreign accents.
· One thing I have to do before I turn 30 is travel to all of the many countries I have dreamed of visiting – France, Spain, Australia, Greece, etc.
· The first CD I ever owned was Oops I Did It Again by Britney Spears.
· If I could be on any reality TV show, it would be Design Star.
· My favorite vacation spot is Hawai’i. I spent 12 days there this summer on the beautiful beaches; it was amazing!
· Before each match, I listen to soothing music on my iPod and visualize my game. Then I turn it to upbeat music to get my excitement and adrenaline flowing!
· My biggest celebrity crush is David Beckham.
Support Oregon State University Athletics by making your tax deductible donation to the Beaver Athletic Student Fund. For more information follow this link or call 541-737-2370. You can make an “everyday champion.” Follow Beaver Athletics on twitter.