Dec. 29, 2012
Final Stats |
Valero Alamo Bowl
Oregon State vs. Texas
Dec. 29, 2012
• The game was broadcast on ESPNwith Sean McDonough providing play-by-play, Chris Spielman as the analyst, and Quint Kessenich as the sideline reporter.
• The game also aired on ESPN Radio with Mark Neely providing play-by-play and Ray Bentley providing the analysis.
• Oregon State captains at the start of the game were Sean Mannion, Jordan Poyer, Andrew Seumalo, Markus Wheaton and Anthony Watkins.
• Kickoff was pushed back to 5:55 CST due to the New Era Pinstripe Bowl going long on ESPN.
• OSUwon the coin toss and deferred. Texaselects toreceive the ball to begin the game.
• Oregon State woreorange jerseys with black pants, while Texas wore all white.
• Attendance for the game was 65,277 – fourth-largest crowd in Alamo Bowl history.
Oregon State Team Notes
• OSU’s first quarter field goal block is the first of the season for the Beavers.
• With the loss, Oregon State’s record in bowl games is 10-6 … The Beavers are now 5-2 in bowl games under head coach Mike Riley.
• Oregon State’s overall record against Big 12 teams is now 8-12.
• The Beavers and Longhorns faced each other for the third time in history and this was the first time in 25 years (Sept. 26, 1987).
• With three touchdowns scored against Texas, the Beavers have now scored 54 for the season setting a new single season school record.
• OSU has allowed 20.4 points per game this season setting a school record for the lowest in a 13-game season (including a bowl).
• With one scoring drives of 74-plus yards, the Beavers have taken the long route 31 times in 2012 – a school record.
Oregon State Individual Notes
• Markus Wheaton extended his streak of games with a reception to 37 – the longest in the Pac-12.
• With three receptions, Markus Wheaton set OSU’s single season receptions record with 227. He had previously set the school’s career receptions record.
• With 37 receiving yards, Markus Wheaton finished the season with 1,244 - sixth in OSU single season history. In addition, Brandin Cooks finished the season 1,151 – seventh in OSU single season history.
• Storm Woods scored two rushing touchdowns Saturday giving him 13 in 2012 – ties for 8th in OSU single season history (Ken Simonton ’98; Yvenson Bernard ’05 & ’07).
• Trevor Romaine kicked two field goals against Texas giving him 31 field goals made in his career, placing him seventh in OSU history.
• Scott Crichton’s first quarter blocked field goal is the second of his career – the first came against BYU in 2011.
• Scott Crichton recorded one tackle-for-loss against Texas giving him 18 in 2012, which ranks tied for sixth in OSU single season history. Crichton now has 32.5 TFLs in his career, ranking sixth in school history.
• Feti ‘Unga’s third quarter interception was the first of his career.