Nov. 12, 2011
Oregon State vs. California
November 12, 2011
• The game aired on Comcast California and ROOT Sports Northwest. Roxy Bernstein did play-by-play with Mike Pawlawski and Steve Preece serving as analysts. Amy Gutierrez was the sideline analyst.
• Oregon State won the toss and elected to defer to the second half. Stanford received the ball from the North end zone.
• Oregon State captains at the start of the game were James Rodgers, Cameron Collins, Lance Mitchell and Dylan Wynn.
• Oregon State wore white uniform tops with black pants while California wore gold uniform tops, blue pants and blue helmets.
Oregon State Team Notes
• The game marked Oregon State’s second at AT&T Park. The first came in 2007 against Maryland in the Emerald Bowl.
• Kevin Cummings made the first start of his career becoming the 23rd first time starter in 2011.
Oregon State Individual Notes
• James Rodgers made six receptions, moving him into sole possession of second place in OSU history with 218 catches – passing James Newson. He needs two to tie Mike Hass for most in team history.
• Brandin Cooks returned his first career kick to start the game. He returned it 44 yards.
• Lance Mitchell intercepted his second pass of the season in the first quarter. It was the seventh of his career.
• Trevor Romaine’s first quarter touchback is the ninth of the season for OSU extending his single season school record (since kickoffs were moved to the 30 yard line in 2007).
• Sean Mannion passed for 247 yards – his ninth consecutive game of 300 or more yards.