Sept. 10, 2011
Oregon State at Wisconsin
Sept. 10, 2011
Camp Randall Stadium
• Game time weather was sunny and clear at 71 degrees. Wind was 3 mph from the North.
• The game aired on ESPN with Dave Pasch calling play-by-play, Chris Spielman and Urban Meyer providing analysis and Quint Kessenich on the sidelines.
• The game marked the 18th time in head coach Mike Riley’s 11 seasons at Oregon State that the Beavers played on either ESPN on ESPN2. It marked the 21st time in the program’s history.
• Oregon State captains at the start of the game were Lance Mitchell, Kevin Frahm, Mike Remmers and Michael Doctor.
• Oregon State won the coin toss and elected to receive. Wisconsin kicked off and defended the south goal.
• Oregon State wore all white while Wisconsin wore red uniform tops with white pants.
Oregon State Team Notes
• Jordan Jenkins (RB) and Anthony Watkins (S) made the first starts of their career. The Beavers have now had 16 players who have made their first career starts in the first two games this season.
• The Badgers were ranked eighth entering the game. Wisconsin marked the eighth top 25 non-conference opponent for the Beavers since 2008.
• Josh Williams (LB) saw action in the fourth quarter and became the ninth true freshman to play for the Beavers this season. That’s a new Oregon State record for an entire season.
Oregon State Individual Notes
• Wide receiver Jordan Bishop finished with five catches for 98 yards, a career-high, surpassing the 86 he had against Arizona State last season.
• Oregon State junior transfer Rusty Fernando recorded the first sack of his career in the first quarter.
• Andrew Seumalo, a junior walk-on, made the first tackle-for-loss of his career in the first quarter.
• Center Grant Johnson recovered his first career fumble in the fourth quarter.
• Wide receiver Kevin Cummings made his first career catch in the fourth quarter.
• Obum Gwacham caught his first career pass in the fourth quarter.