May 25, 2010
Complete Oregon State Notes
Oregon State (28-21) vs. Oregon (37-19)
TBA vs. TBA
May 26, 2010 • 6:30 p.m. PT • Portland, Ore. • PGE Park
Oregon State and Oregon play in their last of five games this season Wednesday night at PGE Park in Portland. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will be televised live by Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Andrew Susac drove in a two-run single through the left side in the seventh Sunday at Arizona State, giving the Beavers a 9-8 victory over the third-ranked Sun Devils. OSU scored four in the seventh and held off late ASU rallies to claim the victory in the series finale. Susac was 3-for-5 with two doubles. Kraig Sitton earned his third save of the season.
Final Game At PGE
Wednesday’s game is widely believed to be the final game at PGE Park for OSU since the facility is being converted to soccer/football only. OSU is 4-4 in eight games all-time at PGE, and the Beavers carry a .248 average and 4.47 ERA into Wedneday’s contest.
OSU’s bats have certainly come alive over its last five games. The team is batting .294 with seven home runs. Andrew Susac is .429 (6-for-14) and Adalberto Santos is 10-for-24 (.417).
OSU is an impressive 10-3 in one-run games this season after going 7-9 in 2009.
Notes Of Importance
• OSU is 18-7 in non-conference games this season, a year after going 22-7 in non-league.
• Jared Norris carries a nine-game hit streak into Wednesday’s game, his longest of the season. Adalberto Santos is on a 10-gamer, the second-longest of the season behind Stefen Romero’s 14-gamer.
• OSU is 3-4 in games on television this season and 55-29 since 1990. The Beavers’ last televised game of the season is Saturday against Arizona.
• Oregon State is 18-11 when hitting at least one home run this season, and 10-10 when failing to do so.
• OSU has hit five home runs in its previous eight games at PGE Park.
• Andrew Susac has two multiple-hit games in his last three, and has raised his average from .197 on May 15 to his current .240.