May 13, 2012
Oregon State (31-17, 12-11) vs. Utah (13-34, 7-19)
May 13, 2012
11 a.m. PT (12 p.m. MT)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Spring Mobile Ballpark
Oregon State Game Notes: Link
Live Stats: Link
Live Audio: Link
Probable Starters: OSU: RHP Dan Child (4-3, 2.53) vs. UTAH: RHP Mitch Watrous (2-4, 3.20)
Oregon State and Utah play in their three-game series finale at Spring Mobile Ballpark on Saturday. The game starts at noon MT (11 a.m. in Oregon).
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com). For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com. A full listing of stations for the game is also available at the bottom of these game notes.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on live stats. The game will also be available via a live audio stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Stay informed with Oregon State baseball social media. Follow Beaver_Baseball on Twitter for all gameday information, including score updates and other facts found nowhere else. “Like” facebook.com/OregonStateBaseball to stay in touch with all OSU stories and to find pictures and other great information. Lastly, check out YouTube.com/OSUBeaversAthletics for all great baseball videos.
Jo Jo Sharrar singled home two in the bottom of the 11th to give Utah a 4-3 win over the 23rd-ranked Oregon State baseball team Saturday at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Sharrar’s single narrowly evaded John Tommasini at second, allowing two runs to score in the come-from-behind win. The Utes had the bases loaded after two singles and an intentional walk. The loss went to Oregon State reliever Tony Bryant, who dropped to 5-2 after allowing the game’s final two runs. He worked one inning in the loss.
Gordon’s Two RBI Day
Max Gordon singled home a run and drove in another on a sacrifice fly in Saturday’s loss. The two-RBI effort was the second of the season for Gordon who also ended the game with two hits.
Oregon State seems to be “cursed” in one-run games this season, going 7-8 this season after tallying a 4-7 mark in 2011. Five of the Beavers’ 11 losses during Pac-12 Conference play have come by one run.
Keyes Extends It To Five
Kavin Keyes doubled twice in his four at bats on Saturday to extend his hit streak to five games, where he is 7-for-20 (.350). He was batting .209 prior to the streak and currently sits at .230.
Oregon State takes a 9-2 record on Sundays into the series finale. The Beavers are 4-1 in games played on Sunday away from Goss Stadium.
• Saturday’s loss was the Beavers’ first this season when tallying more hits than their opponents. OSU is 21-1 when that happens. By comparison, the Beavers are 7-16 when opponents finish with more hits.
• Oregon State is 3-3 in extra-inning games after Saturday’s loss.
• OSU is 18-7 when getting a quality start from a starter but 1-10 when an opponent’s starter throws one.
• The loss Saturday snapped a five-game win streak for the Beavers over Utah.
• OSU is 25-9 in day games after going 1-1 over the first two games of the series.
• The Beavers’ starters have 16 quality starts in 23 league games thus far.
• Danny Hayes extended his hit streak to three games Saturday with two hits. He is 5-for-9 during the streak.
• Oregon State is 4-3 in Pac-12 series this season.
Support Oregon State University Athletics by making your tax deductible donation to the Beaver Athletic Student Fund. For more information follow this link or call 541-737-2370. Former Student-Athletes are invited to join the Varsity O Facebook Page for upcoming Alumni events.
Follow Oregon State Athletics On YouTube.