June 11, 2011
OREGON STATE NOTES
June 11, 2011
Vanderbilt 9, Oregon State 3
Hawkins Field - Nashville, Tenn.
• Oregon State appeared in its 62nd all-time postseason game and ninth super regional contest – second away from Goss Stadium.
• The crowd of 3,387 surpassed the crowd of 3,349 from Friday night, making it the largest attendance mark to watch OSU in an NCAA Super Regional.
• Ben Wetzler appeared in his first game since May 29 at Oregon and made his first start since May 21 versus USC.
• Oregon State head coach Pat Casey dropped to 11-4 in his career in elimination games.
• Oregon State ends its season with 41 victories, which is the fourth-most in a single-season. All four years with 40 or more have occurred under head coach Pat Casey.
• The Beavers finished the season with a 13-5 record against teams ranked in the top 25 and 3-2 against teams in the top 10.
• Oregon State’s team earned run average of 3.18 is the lowest in a season since the 2005 club, which posted an ERA of 3.06.
• Parker Berberet finished with his 11th multiple-RBI game of the season. He finished his OSU career with 21.
• The Beavers finished the season with a 12-11 record in true road games. That’s OSU’s first winning year on the road since the 2007 club went 21-8.
• OSU dropped to 31-10 in the month of June dating back to 1982.
• The game was in the final in the career of seniors James Nygren, Michael Miller, Jared Norris, Dylan Jones and Parker Berberet.