20 Questions With Ya Garcia
It’s almost time for softball season, and to get ready for Oregon State’s 2014 campaign, the Beavers have answered 20 questions about themselves. Today you can get to know Ya Garcia. Oregon State will open the year at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe, Ariz. on Feb. 6.
1. What is your favorite dessert?
Mint chip ice cream (only from Baskin Robbins)
2. What is your favorite place to hang out in Corvallis?
My place, because I always have amazing company over.
3. What is the best class you have taken so far?
My ballet class. I’m actually really good at it.
4. Who did you most admire as a child?
My parents, for their work ethic. They gave me opportunities some kids only dream of.
5. What song is playing on your ipod right now?
Drake – Come Thru
6. What is your dream car?
7. What was the best moment you’ve had as an Oregon State softball player so far?
Hitting .875 against Utah my sophomore year.
8. Which road-trip are you most looking forward to this season and why?
Texas A&M, because I’ve never been to Texas, so I’m interested to see what it’s like.
9. What is your ideal vacation destination?
I’ve really wanted to go to Greece ever since I watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only bring three items, what would you bring and why?
Natalie Hampton, Bailee Niehus and Dani Gillmore. That would be a good time!
11. What is your favorite movie of all time?
A Walk to Remember
12. How would your teammates describe you?
The energizer bunny, hardworking, determined, a leader, kind and outgoing.
13. What is the best meal you cook?
To be honest, if you want a bowl of cereal, I’m your girl, but for anything else, I’ll burn the house down.
14. What is your favorite hobby?
Playing Call of Duty
15. What is your goal for the season?
To keep progressing and to improve on my sophomore season.
16. Who is your favorite professional athlete?
17. What is your goal after graduation?
To get a job and provide for my mother and father, because they deserve it.
18. Do you have any gameday superstitions?
I wear the same bracelets for every game.
19. What is your favorite candy?
The purple-bag skittles. It has to be the purple bag.
20. What is your pregame ritual?
I always do the sign of the cross as I step into the batter’s box.
Complete preseason schedule:
Jan. 14 – 20 questions with Natalie Hampton
Jan. 15 – 20 questions with Kylie Padilla
Jan. 16 – 20 questions with Isabelle Batayola
Jan. 17 – 20 questions with Amee Aarhus
Jan. 18 – 20 questions with Alexis Gonzalez
Jan. 19 – 20 questions with Sarah Shadinger
Jan. 20 – 20 questions with Dani Gilmore
Jan. 21 – 20 questions with Bailee Niehus
Jan. 22 – 20 questions with Alleyah Armendariz
Jan. 23 – 20 questions with Kiki Pepi
Jan. 24 – 20 questions with Alex Boyd
Jan. 25 – 20 questions with Kori Nishitomi
Jan. 26 – 20 questions with Melanie Dembinski
Jan. 27 – 20 questions with Amanda Najdek
Jan. 28 – 20 questions with Kylee Crape
Jan. 29 – 20 questions with CJ Chirichigno
Jan. 30 – 20 questions with Christie Langlois
Jan. 31 – 20 questions with Ya Garcia
Feb. 1 – 20 questions with Hannah Bouska
Feb. 6 – Season Opener