It’s almost time for softball season, and to get ready for Oregon State’s 2014 campaign, the Beavers have answered 20 questions about themselves. Today you can get to know Bailee Niehus. Oregon State will open the year at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe, Ariz. on Feb. 6.
1. What is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate chip cookie dough with chocolate ice cream blizzard
2. What is your favorite sport other than softball?
3. What is your favorite place to hang out in Corvallis?
“The Sanctuary” – My house
4. What is the best class you have taken so far?
5. Who did you most admire as a child?
I wanted to be like Mia Hamm when I was in seventh grade
6. What song is playing on your ipod right now?
J Cole Pandora
7. What is your dream car?
A black, lifted Jeep Cherokee
8. What is your pregame ritual?
I always put on my left cleat before my right and I have Dani Gilmore make sure my pockets look good.
9. What was the best moment you’ve had as an Oregon State softball player so far?
My walk-off hit in Fullerton.
10. Which road-trip are you most looking forward to this season and why?
Texas A&M, because I have never been to Texas, and hopefully I will get to meet up with my former teammate Nikki Chandler
11. What is your favorite candy?
I love all candy, but Almond Joy, Skor Bars and Hi-Chews are my favorites.
12. What is your ideal vacation destination?
13. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only bring three items, what would you bring and why?
Natalie Hampton, Melanie Dembinski and Ya Garcia. Nat and I could do all of the survival stuff, Melanie could make sure I have everything I need because she’s a nurturer, and Ya because I don’t know what I would do without her. We would have a great time on that island.
14. What is your favorite movie of all time?
15. How would your teammates describe you?
Honest, loud, sarcastic and hard-working.
16. What is the best meal you cook?
I recently taught myself how to make fried chicken, and I made myself a dinner of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli with cheese sauce and a glass of milk. It was beautiful.
17. What was your favorite class in high school?
18. What is your favorite hobby?
Watching the Food Network and TLC
19. What is your goal for the season?
I just want to make sure I fill my role, whatever that may be.
20. Who is your favorite professional athlete?
Complete preseason schedule:
Jan. 14 – 20 questions with Natalie Hampton
Jan. 15 – 20 questions with Kylie Padilla
Jan. 16 – 20 questions with Isabelle Batayola
Jan. 17 – 20 questions with Amee Aarhus
Jan. 18 – 20 questions with Alexis Gonzalez
Jan. 19 – 20 questions with Sarah Shadinger
Jan. 20 – 20 questions with Dani Gilmore
Jan. 21 – 20 questions with Bailee Niehus
Jan. 22 – 20 questions with Alleyah Armendariz
Jan. 23 – 20 questions with Kiki Pepi
Jan. 24 – 20 questions with Alex Boyd
Jan. 25 – 20 questions with Kori Nishitomi
Jan. 26 – 20 questions with Melanie Dembinski
Jan. 27 – 20 questions with Amanda Najdek
Jan. 28 – 20 questions with Kylee Crape
Jan. 29 – 20 questions with CJ Chirichigno
Jan. 30 – 20 questions with Christie Langlois
Jan. 31 – 20 questions with Ya Garcia
Feb. 1 – 20 questions with Hannah Bouska
Feb. 6 – Season Opener