20 Questions With Alex Boyd
It’s almost time for softball season, and to get ready for Oregon State’s 2014 campaign, the Beavers have answered 20 questions about themselves. Today you can get to know Alex Boyd. Oregon State will open the year at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe, Ariz. on Feb. 6.
1. What is your favorite dessert?
Sticky rice and mangoes
2. What is your favorite sport other than softball?
3. What is your favorite place to hang out in Corvallis?
4. What is the best class you have taken so far?
5. Who did you most admire as a child?
My older sister
6. What song is playing on your ipod right now?
We Will Rock You
7. Which road-trip are you most looking forward to this season and why?
Arizona State for the sun
8. What is your favorite candy?
9. What is your ideal vacation destination?
10. What is your goal after you graduate?
To get a well paying job, and to have a solid plan of what my future will hold.
11. What is your favorite movie of all time?
A League of Their Own
12. How would your teammates describe you?
Nice, hard-working, fun to be around
13. What is the best meal you cook?
Mac and cheese
14. What was your favorite class in high school?
15. What is your favorite hobby?
16. What is your goal for the season?
To better my spped, strength and consistency
17. What is your pregame ritual?
I listen to the same set of songs over and over.
18. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only bring three items, what would they be?
My ipod, food and water
19. Who is your favorite professional athlete?
My father Dennis Boyd (former Oregon State football player and Seattle Seahawk)
20. Do you have a gameday superstition?
I have to knock on wood if I say anything that might jinx the team.
Complete preseason schedule:
Jan. 17 – 20 questions with Natalie Hampton
Jan. 18 – 20 questions with Kylie Padilla
Jan. 19 – 20 questions with Amee Aarhus
Jan. 20 – 20 questions with Alexis Gonzalez
Jan. 21 – 20 questions with Isabelle Batayola
Jan. 22 – 20 questions with Sarah Shadinger
Jan. 23 – 20 questions with Dani Gilmore
Jan. 24 – 20 questions with Bailee Niehus
Jan. 25 – 20 questions with Alleyah Armendariz
Jan. 26 – 20 questions with Kiki Pepi
Jan. 27 – 20 questions with Kori Nishitomi
Jan. 28 – 20 questions with Melanie Dembinski
Jan. 29 – 20 questions with Amanda Najdek
Jan. 30 – 20 questions with Alex Boyd
Jan. 31 – 20 questions with Christie Langlois
Feb. 1 – 20 questions with Ya Garcia
Feb. 2 – 20 questions with Hannah Bouska
Feb. 6 – Season Opener