The Oregon State volleyball team opens play August 30 when visiting Rochester, Mich., as part of the Oakland Tournament. To help preview the team’s season, we asked each of the team’s players 20 questions.
Here’s what freshman and Rome native Carlotta Oggioni had to say.
1. What was the most fun activity you got to do this summer?
“I visited Mirabilandia, a park in Ravenna.”
2. Of all the trips you've made playing volleyball, what has been your favorite?
“Fort Lauderdale with my team in Rome.”
3. What does it mean to you to play volleyball at Oregon State?
“I think it will be very exciting. I will use technique, heart and mind.”
4. If you could change one rule about volleyball, what would it be?
“I think our libero should serve. In Italy, it is not permitted.”
5. What's your favorite pre-match meal?
“Pasta, San Daniele ham and Parmigiano Reggiano.
6. What sport would you play if you didn't play volleyball?
7. Who is your favorite actor?
8. How about your favorite actress?
9. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
10. Who is your favorite Oregon State athlete other than one of your teammates?
“Sorry but I don't know yet, I'm new.”
11. On a plane trip, do you sleep, study, or listen to music? Or a combination of those three?
“A combination of those three and read also.”
12. If you could appear as an actress on any TV show, what show would it be?
“The Oprah show.”
13. Reality TV: Interesting to watch or boring? If interesting, what's your favorite reality show?
14. What's better, going to the coast or going to the mountains?
15. What's one place in the world you would travel to that you haven't already seen?
“The Virgin Islands.”
16. What's the earliest you've ever woken up to play a volleyball match?
17. What's the best gift you've ever been given for your birthday?
18. Chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
“Chocolate. Nutella is the best.”
19. Best day of the week?
20. What is one random fact most people don't know about you?
“Soccer was my first sport.”