Legendary Gill Coliseum is the home of the Oregon State men’s basketball, women’s basketball, women’s gymnastics, wrestling and volleyball teams. The arena can handle crowds of 9,604 for competitions on Ralph Miller Court, and the building also includes a weight room, equipment center, locker rooms and offices for the athletic department and its teams.
Named after the late Slats Gill, who was Oregon State’s head men’s basketball coach for 36 years, the Coliseum is an excellent facility spanning more than an acre.
Gill Coliseum was recently renovated with improvements totaling more than $3.5 million. The renovation included sandblasting, sealing and painting the exterior shell and new exterior windows and doors. Additionally, an elevator was installed to increase access for students and fans with disabilities.
Gill Coliseum also has a state-of-the-art sports medicine center, located on the lower level, that provides leading-edge injury prevention and rehabilitation services. The center includes cardiovascular equipment and improved training facilities.
The renovation project also upgraded Gill’s locker rooms. While a new men’s basketball locker room was already completed, a new women’s basketball locker room is now open with improvements to the volleyball and soccer locker rooms also being done.
With the improvements, Gill Coliseum continues to be an integral part of the heritage of Oregon State athletics. Since its opening in 1949, Gill Coliseum has been part of more than 3,000 victories, more than 150 Oregon State All-Americans and more than 25 individual and team titles.